Sunday 17 January 2016

Programming the clown!

Hassan:
Today in Islamic studies, Mrs Matthews taught us how to program in the GO software programme!
It was an amazing experience learning this and there were many things I didn't know. Programming is the best!!!

Arish:
As I entered my Islamic classroom today, I guessed that we were going to be doing the normal, which is searching on a topic which we were not that aware of, however, how very wrong did I end up. A usual period turned out to be a total astonishment. An extremely kind and polite teacher Mrs Matthews came all the way from Aldar H.Q to the primary bit of the school in order to teach us a bit about algorithms. At 11:15 on the 17th January 2016 I had not the tiniest amount of a hint about what this was. In fact, I was not even enthusiastic to learn anything about algorithms at all. As a clueless student I made my way in the classroom, with completely no idea, that I will be leaving the class with enough information to teach 1000 children 2000 different things about algorithms. Algorithms, which I recently from Mrs Matthews, is a set of instruction used in programming. Along with the definition, I also learnt that that there is a software called GO SOFTWARE. Of course, there are many things to algorithms such as process, flow lines, out put, in put etc. These are all as boxes while you are using them. In GO SOFTWARE I learned that you could programme your very own set of instructions (algorithms). Isn' t that awesome! Well, in my opinion I really enjoyed this lesson and over all I wish to have it again. Thank you!!!  :)   


2 comments:

  1. Thank you Hassan and Arish!
    I had a fabulous time with you this morning and I can't wait for the next lesson.

    Here's something to think about. We wrote a very simple program today. We were then thinking about how we could make the lights flash alternately. How else could we vary the program? Do you know what chasing lights are? This is where it looks like the lights follow each other in sequence. Could we do this with our 6 lights?

    We should maybe plan it on paper before we try and program!
    See you soon,
    Mrs Matthews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ayesha and Sara I love the penguins film it was funny although you find it boring

    ReplyDelete