Thursday 10 November 2016

Dear Diary by Skye

8.11.16
Dear Diary,

These past two days have been great,in fact they have been more than great they have been amazing! Yesterday it may have been fun but it was terrifying; a tsunami hit. It was tense. My group spent all of our money ,hoping for the best,trying to make deals and upgrade the houses but housing 645 people was a whole new level. We didn't have a lot of time. Was twenty-five minutes enough? I could have just stayed at home sat on the couch and glued my eyes to my iPad . I couldn't do that I thought the activities would be fun and full of action, don't get me wrong it was but it was also dangerous…

The alarm was as loud as a teenagers music blasting so they could hear it whilst they were in the shower. It was happening, we had two more minutes to do what we could to save the people of the village. People evacuated to the city center where they would be safer, the city center staff had been trained for an emergency like that one. Sweat was running down my spine;I couldn't look. The buildings were falling like rockets rushing to the moon as the wave hit them, 15 people dead and 315 injured. The water swallowed the soles of a lot of people. I failed . I clicked the reset button to see if I could get more points than before. 


9.11.16

Dear Diary, 

Then we did another activity, it was terribly hard;we had to make a solar still, a solar still is made to purify water,but there was a twist we didn’t have all the right resources; The correct ingredients were some sort of vegetation, dirty salty water, a cup and a large piece of plastic sheet but we only had glitter, tap water, blue tac, salt, a pencil container, masking tape and cling film.It was tricky. It was that wednesday I wished I stayed at home curled up in bed the quilt covers swallowing me up, lying there like a dead person in their coffin. There was only 30 minutes to finish the activity. My survival group and I used paper as our choice of vegetation then we added the water, salt and glitter, we then added the pencil pot as a cup to catch the water. That took all the groups about fifteen to twenty minutes which meant there wasn’t a lot of time to get the cling wrap secured with masking tape then put the big ball of blue tac in the middle or so that wherever you cup is there will be a slope to catch the water.

At the end of all that nobody could get any points because our substitute told us to use paper as leafs and when we were sitting on the mat that our actual teacher the amazing,awesome and adventurous Mrs Chant told us something that we already knew;paper absorbs water,I guess we were all just to excited to get it done we didn’t even realise.

If you would like to see Skye's feedback or leave her some specific comments, you can do so here.

No comments:

Post a Comment