Wednesday 9 December 2015

Myth: Amun Ra, the Sun and the Moon by Farah

Hello everyone! 

This is Farah and today I decided to post my myth which I really hope you enjoy. My myth is based on another myth but it has a lot of changes! 

It would be AMAZING if you would comment and tell me what you thought about my story  :) Here it goes...


Long, long ago in the sandy landscape of Ancient Egypt there lived a young man named Amun Ra. He wasn't poor yet he wasn't rich. He lived with his wonderful, caring mother. Unfortunately, he lost his father while he courageously fought for his great country. Since then, Amun Ra and his mother have been awfully devastated. Amun Ra was the shop-keeper of a small shop that sold lots of absolutely, delicious fruit. Amun Ra was trying to make his father proud by still working at the shop. The shop's name was 'The Golden Tree'.

 One day The Sun wasn't as bright as usual, the people figured out that it was The Moon's fault, it didn't go down when The Sun came up to start a new day. As the days passed by, or should I say the semi-days passed by, The Sun got more and more fed up. The Sun decided that it needed some help. The Sun announced to all the villages in Egypt. "The Moon has been selfish and ungrateful by not going down when I come up, and I hope that a brave, young man will be able to help me." Everyone ignored The Sun except Amun Ra, he believed that he could trick the moon and that things could go back to normal. Amun Ra was prepared for all the trouble that will soon be coming his way.

 "Why?!" Exclaimed The Sun, "Why would you do such a thing to all these innocent people?'' The Moon paused. It was as if time was frozen and the sun was the only thing moving or even breathing at all. "Look at me when I am talking to you!" The Sun shouted this time. The Moon turned around and moved away from the sun. "Amun Ra, please help me, The Moon keeps ignoring me and nothing got any better!" The Sun told Amun Ra. "It might have actually gotten worst."
''Do not worry I will fix everything, sooner or later," Amun Ra assured The Sun.

 On a brand new day, as The Sun started to come up on the horizon in the far distance, The Moon stood there with the biggest smile on his face. He was so proud of himself for being in the middle of the sky for 10 days. "Why are you not going down?" Amun Ra asked The Moon.
 The Moon looked down at Amun Ra and said, "Because The Sun is bigger than me and it always gets more time in the sky than I do! It has 14 hours in the sky and I only have six hours''
"What you're doing doesn't benefit anyone," explained Amun Ra...
 The Moon felt guilty and evil, "I'm sorry for all the trouble that I have caused it will not happen ever again," The Sun was very proud of Amun Ra, Amun Ra wanted to know if his father was too. As a reward The Sun gave Amun Ra the power to control fire, light and the power to bring people back from the dead. Now that he had that power he wanted to bring his father back to life. When he did do it his mother was the happiest he had ever seen her. The days turned back as they used to be and everyone as happy again.

 One great day Amun Ra was going to the shoe market then he bumped into a gorgeous girl. Her beauty was blinding. Amun Ra instantly fell in love with her. "What is your name?" asked Amun Ra, "You are very pretty,"
 "Thank you," she said "Hello my name is Iris''
 "My name is Amun Ra!" he exclaimed. She told him that she already knew him because he was the one who stopped The Moon from changing the days forever. Four years later, they joyfully got married and lived their lives together for ever and ever...

5 comments:

  1. Hi Farah
    This is me Alisya, i really like your story but i especially like your ending

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your story it is really good. I would love to know what the original myth is called.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your story!It was very interesting! Well done Farah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story!! I love the story line! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!
    I'm pretty sure that both of your stories will be FANTASTIC!! ;)

    ReplyDelete